Saturday, April 4, 2015

Fun with watercolors!



No challenges to be completed this time!  I just wanted to do something bright and fun for a dear friend of mine.  He's going throught a bit of a rough patch and I thought a bright card would cheer him up a little.

I had a fairly simply plan.  I started with a larger piece of watercolor cardstock. 4"x 5 1/4".  I used clean water and made the shape of a rectangle on the paper.  I then went to my Kuretaki Gansai watercolors and picked up various shades of greens and blues.  I just touched my brush to the wet paper in random spots until I felt I had good coverage.  I dried it with my heat tool and then tapped on clean water.  Let it sit for a little bit and dabbed it off.  Last I made splatters with one of the yellows in the paint set and the gold.

Sentiment was stamped in Versafine with clear embossing powder over it. Stamps are from Paper Smooches--Bold Buzzwords.  The frame dies are from Mama Elephant.  I believe the green paper is an oldie from Stampin Up--Green Galore.

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment