Saturday, December 17, 2016

Warmest Wishes

Hello everyone!  I don't know about you but we are experiencing yet another polar vortex.  I'm thinking the winter this year is going to be a doozie.  At least for some of us here in the midwest. While I don't particularly enjoy being cold, this little penguin I'm using for my project today doesn't seem to mind the cold one bit!


Isn't he just the cutest???  I started by picking the plaid piece of paper from the Doodlebug Polar Pals paper pad.  I let that be my guide for choosing all of my colors.  I really do love this color scheme!  I colored him in with Copic markers and added some sparkle with my wink of stella marker.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the background so I picked some blues that coordinated and just started coloring it in.  I love the subtle graduated color.  I also put a touch of very pale blue to make the snow blend it nicely.

Some of my blue background bled into the snowflakes so I just brought out some bling dots!  They were just the perfect size!  I cut the penguin layer out using the largest die from the Fancy Frames die set.  The little oval is popped up with foam tape and it was cut out using a die from the Pocket Pieces Hello dies set.  I decided white looked too stark and used the same pale blue as the snow.  The warmest wishes sentiment comes from the Chilly stamp set.

I sure hope you enjoyed my project for today!
~Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment