Monday, February 13, 2017

Love Bear

Hi there!  I'm enjoying the sunshine and the above average temperatures.  It's 50 degrees!!  That's pretty close to a record here in Illinois.  February is usually the brutal month but I don't want to jinx it so...shhh!

I'm sharing one last card for Valentine's day.  When I saw Get Well Panda in the store I knew I wanted to make a Valentine's card with it.  Sounds odd doesn't it??  Not until you actually see the digital stamp.  Yes, the bear is holding a bandaid but it's got a nice big heart on it!  Put it with the right sentiment and you've changed it from a get well to a Valentine!


I know, she doesn't look much like a panda does she?  The nice thing about the digi file is that it doesn't automatically print with the black around the eyes.  That gives you the ability to make it a regular bear, a panda bear, a fun colored panda bear and a polar bear!  You get the idea.  Lots and lots of flexibility that you don't always get with a regular rubber or acrylic stamp. 

Once again I let my patterned paper be my guide for picking out my color schemes.  I also find that when I do this, I tend to use combinations I wouldn't normally reach for! It's a bonus to be sure.  I printed the digi out onto Bristol Smooth cardstock.  Picked a small selection of Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, a water brush and got busy.  I really do love the watercolored yet controlled look you can get when using them.  I had to add a little bit of sparkle with my spectrum noir glitter marker on all the gray areas and the heart.

I used a rectangle die from the Pocket Pieces Hi die set to cut out the bear layer.  I freehand cut the mint layer and glued them together.  I cut the heart paper out using the largest Crazy Stitched Frames die.  I went around the edges of the heart paper with a red marker and then sponged on some gray to give it a little more definition.  I glued that down to the gray base.  I cut several pink pieces out with one of the banners from the Flag Banner dies set.  I sponged around all of their edges with some pink ink.  I glued them down at different angles so that they would fit under the bear layer.  

The gray tab piece also comes from the Pocket Pieces Hi die set.  I stamped the I love you sentiment from Simply Said and sponged with pink around the edges.  Holding the bear layer in place, I figured out where the gray tab should be placed.  I applied foam tape to the bear layer and adhered it over the banner pieces.  To finish it off I used an assortment of pink and silver sequins.  I believe they were from the Sprinkled Sugar mix that was a limited release.  I'm pretty sure you can find similar colors in some of the other mixes Tara has in the shop.

I hope you like today's project and have a lovely Valentine's day tomorrow!
~Kristina


No comments:

Post a Comment