Saturday, April 29, 2017

Fluttering by

I hope you have all recovered from the new release.  I also hope you have some of those wonderful new products in your eager hands!  I can sense lots of crafting going on!  I'm here to remind you that the April Monthly Challenge is still going on until the end of the month.  What a perfect excuse to use some of those brand new goodies!  Who needs to wash the dishes anyways??



The colors from this month's challenge are just so soft and lovely!  Let me share my newest project with you.


Today's project features the Butterfly Garden digi stamp.  She's the sweetest little butterfly and I adore the flowers that come with it.  I printed the flower base and the butterfly out on Bristol Smooth paper so that I could you use my Zig Clean Color real brush markers.  I just love these markers!  I probably say that about all of my coloring!  Oh well, I just love them all. Each have their own special qualities.

Everything was colored with only six markers and a waterbrush.  I love how you don't need a lot of colors to get beautiful results.  I just put down a little color and pulled it out with the water brush. Easy peasy!!!  The sentiment also comes with this digi and I printed it on Bristol as well.  I grabbed the same yellow marker I used on the card to color the sentiment.  Then I colored another piece of the Bristol with the purple marker to make perfectly matching layers.  I did spray the sentiment layer with some shimmer spray for that little extra.

The flower layer was cut out with the largest die from the Fancy Frames die set.  Attached that to a blue cardstock layer and onto the white card base.  For the butterfly I added foam tape to the back and adhered it.  The sentiment layers were glued directly down.  Now, do you see the little butterfly and dragonfly?  Those little lovelies come from the Window Pane dies set!  I cut them out from Bristol paper and colored them with just the barest bit of color from the Zig markers spread out with water. While they were still wet I bent them just a little.  Once they were dry they stayed bent adding to the dimension of the card.  I added a little Wink of Stella because you know they need to sparkle!

Have a lovely day!
~Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment