Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Glorious in Green

Good evening my crafty peeps!  I am hopping on really quick to share the card I put together for the latest Monthly Mood Board challenge with Craftin Desert Divas.  I had a little extra time while being off for the holidays and I was excited to get a chance to play along.


All of the colored papers I used are from Stampin Up.  Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron and Sahara Sand.  All of the dies I used (frame, pinecone and greenery) are all from Craftin Desert Divas.  The frame is the Window Pane die and the pinecone/greenery is from the Winter Wonderland dies.

I stamped the two bears on Bristol paper and colored them with a waterbrush and dye inks.  The bear with the snowflake is from the Artic Pals set and the single bear is from the Chilly Set.  I do not have the matching dies for the bears so I fussy cut them out.    

The card base is Sahara Sand.  The lighter green is Mint Macaron.  Before I glued it to the card base, I randomly stamped the three largest snowflakes from the Chilly Set in the same color ink.  I glued the window pane in place using lots of foam tape for added dimension.  I then carefully arranged the greenery pices in two of the windows and some behind the bear on the top right.  Both bears were attached with foam tape.  

I stamped the sentiment from Happy Celebrations onto a piece of heavy vellum and embossed it in white.  I also cut a fishtail end to the right side.  I was afraid the vellum would get a little lost so I cut another piece of the dark green cardstock to put behind the vellum.  I then attached across the window.  Oh...I also used some Wink of Stella on both of the pinecones.  And that's a wrap!

If you get a chance to participate in the Craftin Desert Diva's challenge (#cddmonthly) it is going on all month.  Check their group out on Facebook here.  You kind find their online store here.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment