Sunday, April 22, 2018

Mother's day part deux

Hidey ho crafty friends!!  I have another Mother's Day themed card to share with you.  This one uses another digital stamp from A&M Memories. *UPDATE* Shop is actually closing after Monday, April 23rd Angela is closing down her Etsy store so please go check out her selection!  The stamp I used can be found HERE.



Isn't she just the sweetest??  This would be the perfect Mother's Day card for pet lovers or a pet mom!

I printed the digi out onto Canson watercolor paper.  I then squished several different colors onto my craft mat.  Fossilized Amber, Abandoned Coral, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Tattered Rose, Ground Espresso, Lucky Clover and Worn Lipstick.  I first sprayed some water onto the inks, dipped my brush in clean water and then picked up the distress inks.    I added the first layer to the dog and the girl, dried it with a heat gun and went back to add another layer.  I find it easier to add my shading if I do it in layers.  Once it was totally dry, I went all around the image with a watered down Hickory Smoke.  I waited until it was dry and fussy cut it out.

Now on to the gorgeous background.  I fell in love with the Tossed Floral background die from WPlus9.  OMG!!  It's just so pretty!  I used several of the distress inks to color portions of the background.  I tried to color the same shape with the same color.  Gave it some sense of order without it being too much of a pattern.  I set it aside to dry.

I cut out a piece of Narwahl Gray cardstock from Lawn Fawn with a Stitched Rectangle die from MFT Stamps.  Now that I had this gorgeous floral background I had to figure out had to add a sentiment.  One of my favorite things to do when I don't want to cover up a background is to use heavy vellum.  I cut a band of the vellum, treated it with anti-static powder and stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink.  I sprinkled on Liquid Platinum embossing powder and melted it with a heat gun.

I glued the floral background onto the gray cardstock.  I then wrapped the vellum strip around the gray piece and glued both onto the white card base.  I used foam tape on the back of the digi stamp and put it in place.  As the final touch I glued on a few sparkling clear sequins.


Hope you liked it!  Please stop by Angela's Etsy shop before she closes!  A&M Memories

~Kristina




No comments:

Post a Comment