Sunday, May 13, 2018

Shine

Hello one and all!  Mother's Day is drawing to a close and I had an opportunity to go play in my craft room.  What a treat!  I decided this was the day I was going to create something to participate in the Color Throwdown Challenge.  I always want to join in every week but I forget about it until it's to late to enter.  Here are this weeks colors.


And here is my card!


I am delighted with the way it turned out.  Especially since I completed it in less than a half hour!  I stamped the floral images from MFT Stamps Sketched Blooms with a waterproof ink on to Bristol Smooth paper.  I then pulled out three zig clean color real brush markers in a shade of red, yellow and gray.  Some of the stamps I colored with the markers and spritzed with water before sramping.  Some of the others I colored directly on the paper and spread it out with a water brush.  I used gray for all of the leaves and stems.

To add a little more detail, I splattered on more color with the same three colors.  I cut it out with a stitched rectangle die from MFT Stamps and mounted it on a dark gray card base.  I cut the Shine sentiment out with a die from Winnie & Walter.  I did cut out two of them so that I could add a little extra dimension.  Before I glued it onto the card front I went over it with a Spectrum Noir glitter marker.  And I call it done!

You too can join in this weeks challenge or maybe another week.  Go HERE for details and this weeks link up. CTD#492 #colorthrowdown

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment