Friday, August 17, 2018

Hooray for Friday!

Right now I'm doing the happy dance.  It's Friday.  At last!  I can't wait for a little family time, a little crafting time and a little down time.  Hope you get to do something fun this weekend.  My idea of a good Friday night is playing in my craft room.  Yep.  Total introvert here.

Moving on!  I recently purchased some new to me products from Shimmerz Paints.  Today I am using one of the original product lines they released...Shimmerz!  Guys, these are GORGEOUS!  They are a liquid paint with a TON of shimmer.  Like, seriously!  I snagged one of their newest colors, Wisteria Lane, because I just love all things purple.  Here is the description of the color from their website.

"Wisteria Lane is a part of Shimmerz Paints new Fall 2018 color release. Wisteria Lane is a dusty cool lilac hue with silver shimmer added in. Wisteria Lane is available in a 1 oz jar and all our products are hand crafted by order."

I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to make but I wanted to give it a test drive.


I'm not sure I caputured the beautiful shimmer of this product but I am totally in love.  I *need* more colors.

This is how I created this cute square card:

I started with a piece of Canson watercolor paper.  I stamped one of the flower images from the Altenew Floral Shadow stamp set with Inkon3 embossing ink.  I sprinkled on clear embossing powder and melted it.  After it cooled, I stirred up the Shimmerz paint and started applying it to the watercolor paper.  I did add a little bit of water to get slight variations in the color but you could totally do it straight out of the jar.  So, SO pretty!  I let it dry for a bit.  I went back with a damp paper towel and carefully wiped off the excess paint from the embossed areas.

I cut out the watercolor paper with a square die called Inside Scalloped Squares from Craftin Desert Divas.  I glued the center piece in place.  I added foam tape to the scalloped border and adhered it to the base as well.  The sentiment is from the same Altenew set and is heat embossed in black on gray cardstock.  I went over it with a Wink of Stella glitter marker.  I popped it up with foam tape as well.  For the final touch, I added a few Sparkling Clear confetti sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Excuse me while I drool over the shimmer!!

See you soon...
~Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment